9 March 2013

Circular No 592



Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.

Caracas, 9 March 2013 No. 592
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
This Circular was prepared on the 31 of March, but I wanted to keep the weekly numbering for the sake of the blog.
My trip took me to Spain, where I met Csaba Jakobszen and Maricarmen at their home.
There are not many oldboys near Madrid, Valencia and Budapest.
So keep looking at the blog for the next few Circulars as I am working on three at this time.
New oldboys have surfaced and here are some of them.
--------------------------------------------
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 6:47 AM,
laszlo kertesz <kertesz11@yahoo.com> wrote:
Dear Orvis,
I am going to send you a newsletter where you will have all information need to keep in touch with the association.
God Bless
Ladislao
------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Orvis Noel <orvis.noel@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2013 12:15 AM
Hi Ladislao,
My name is Orvis Noel and I am an Abbey school graduate June 1964.
I lived in the village and I received a four year scholarship from Fr. Bernard and Fr Gregory to the Abbey.
I just returned from Trinidad, I also worked for four year as a court clerk right from abbey school graduation for J.D Sellier & company under John Sellier, where you held your General meeting.
I was working mates with Brian de Vignes, Wayne Smart, and young Victor Stollmeyer. when the company was housed on St.Vincent street.
I am interested in joining the alumni, If that is possible please let me know.
Thank you, keep up the good work.
Regards,
Orvis Noel
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 2:13 PM
From KAZIM ABASALI
Nigel, couple observation, Ali Yunas should be YunUs. I believe he was also during my school period.
And I believe Winston Ramsahai is in constant contact with Yunus.
Contact Winston Kerry for more info about Peter Ho.
And I have no other info on Robert Wakefield, would like to know what he is up to now, and correspond.
Take care......Kaz
-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: nigelboos@eagles-wings.ca
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 09:50:57 -0500
Ooopppsss…
I forgot the link, so here it is now:
NB
------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2013-03-08, at 9:49 AM, Nigel Boos wrote:
Gentlemen,
In my continuing effort to complete the MSB dataBase,
I have tried going into my on-line TnT telephone directory and I've identified as many names as I could, and found some telephone numbers which could be checked out.
I'm looking for a few volunteers to make some telephone calls to the numbers I've found and I'm hoping that you guys may be able to slit the workload between you and call around to see whether these numbers actually refer to the OB's whose email addresses are missing.
That being said, here's what I'm really trying to confirm:
1. Is the telephone number correct?
2. Is the missing OB aware of the existence of the ASAA?
3. Is he aware of the existence of our dB?
4. > >
5. Would he like to be included?
6. Does he have a working email address?
7. Would he share it with us?
8. (Peripherally) What's he up to these days? A note or two in this regard might be interesting.
9. Confirmation: What years did he attend the Abbey School?
10. Did he graduate?
Any help you can give me in this area would be greatly appreciated.
Nigel
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 2:47 PM
From KAZIM ABASALI
Nigel
Thank you for following up with Victor and family.
Truly appreciate you.
Victor sorry I miss this New Year by you in NJ, USA.
I am in Sweden doing rehab for my stroke.
When I was home at you 2 years ago, I asked if you went to Holy Cross, not realizing you went to the Mount.
Larry Gomes' sister Helen told me later on that you and Gerald both went to Mount.
I subsequently forwarded this info to Nigel, and joined you to our Facebook group where you supported the Fr. Cuthbert fundraiser.
So happy that you have joined the group.
All the best to you and family.
PS. I did not forward Gerald's info, because I believe he may not be interested due to personal reasons.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2013-02-24, at 12:38 PM,
Victor How Chung wrote:
Hi Nigel,
Thank you for all the time & effort you are putting into this.
My class year was 1970.
Address: 64 Greenwood ave, East Orange, NJ. 07017 USA.
Ph:(201)-889-5008
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On Feb 22, 2013, at 1:09 PM,
Nigel Boos <nigelboos@eagles-wings.ca> wrote:
Thank you, Raphael.
By the way, are you both related?
And where are you living now, please?
Victor - I'm glad to have received your email address.
Please drop me a line (50 words will do) and let us know what you're up to.
Regards,
Nigel Boos
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: Nigel Boos
Sent: Feb 18, 2013 7:18 PM
Hello Raphael,
I hope this email finds you in good health.
I'm trying to find the email address for Victor Michael How Chung.
I do not know if he is related to you, but if he is, would you please ask him if he'd mind sharing his email address with the Old Boys of Mt. St. Benedict?
Thank you.
Nigel Boos
----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 7:28 AM
Victor Michael How Chung; Gerald Kong
From Nigel Boos
A few questions:
1. Do you know whether Victor Michael How Chung was the brother of Raphael Benedict How Chung (Class of 66)?
2. Where does Victor live today?
Is this a photograph of him?
3. Re. Gerald Kong - was his nickname "Cho" or is his family name "Cho Kong"??
4. Are you saying that Gerald lives in Canada? In Ontario perhaps? Can you give me any contact info for him?
Thanks, Kaz.
You are a mine of information.
Hope you're still improving, day by day. . . .
Nigel
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2012-09-02, at 7:50 PM, kazim abasali wrote:
Nigel, how are you my friend?
Above is the Facebook page link of Victor Michael How Chung
He is a Mount Boy. I know him personally.
From Arima, family businesses many years ago- Chung's Restaurant, well known.
Not sure if he wants to share on the Mount database his info.
Anyhow, I joined him on the Mount Facebook group.
You can send him a message on Facebook inbox to find out.
Another friend of his and mine is Gerald (Cho) Kong, another Mount Boy.
From Arima again, family owned laundry.
I was supposed to meet him when I planned to visit you and the other boys for the reunion in June in Toronto.
Then I got the stroke.
He, however, is a very private person, and would not be interested at this time, if at all.
Lastly, I shared I would like to promote or advertise for free your wife's cake business.
Let me know your thoughts.
Will update the boys on my progress soon.
Regards, Kaz
PS. Can you send me the latest database, was slow in getting it last time with my health situation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 11:47 AM
From Nigel Boos
Once again, this is great info. I appreciate your further input, Marion.
Nigel
----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2013-03-01, at 11:12 AM, Claudia and Marlon Da Silva wrote:
Morning Nigel,
Happy to hear that I made your day with that document.
My brothers that went to the Abby are as follow:
Laurencio (Lenny) da Silva.
His name is on the document I sent you but they spelt it wrong, under the from III B prizes. (Lorenzo), and Angel da Silva.
I know you are working hard to put a full list of all the boys that went to the Abby school together.
So this document would help you to get a little closer to your goal.
Marlon.
Thank you very much for this wonderful document.
I've been able to extract all sorts of great stuff from it.
I even found names of some OB's I'd never known about previously - like Kenneth Lee Chin, Daniel Mitchell, Everton Warner, Rafael Velez, Rudolfo Sydney and Robert Wakefield.
You bet the document was very useful. . . . .
By the way, I did not know that you had a brother also at the Mount.
Please let me know his name - I have a few to choose from - Angel, Cecil, David, Lorenzo, Philip, Ricardo, Roland and Roland (there were 2 Rolands).
Thanks for your great help, Marlon.
Nigel
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
On 2013-02-28, at 11:48 AM, Claudia and Marlon Da Silva wrote:
First I would like to thank you for all the mail I have received from you.
They were all interesting information. I came across this paper from my brother’s years at the Abby, and I thought you may find it interesting.
Marlon.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Ladislao Kertesz at kertesz11@yahoo.com,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
557769LK12FB, Kenneth Austin, Jimmy Samaroo, Joseph Berment
548219LK12FB, Toddy Ramsahai, Kenneth Austin
11GM0104GMAMX, Glen Mckoy in Mexico
56CJ0003FOOTBALLTEAM,










No comments:

Post a Comment